How to Take Essiac Tea
Instructions for Use
Essiac tea needs to be taken on an empty stomach.
- 30 minutes to 1 hr after small meals, medications, or supplements.
- 2 hours after eating a large meal.
- 2oz of the decoction twice a day with 3-7 day breaks every 4-6 weeks.
- Take 1oz mixed with 2oz of clean (not tap) boiled water, taken once a day, preferably at bedtime, for about 7 - 10 days (optional)
- Slowly increase the dose over the coming weeks to 2oz twice a day. (this is 1oz if you take the premade essiac tea as it's concentrated)
- If you would like to drink the tea undiluted, straight out of the refrigerator, that is fine too. Warm essiac *may* aid in the absorption of the medicine.
- Preventative : Take 2oz (1oz of our premade) of essiac once or twice a day for six months. After six months, take 2oz (1oz of our premade) of the decoction once a day for a month in the spring and again in the fall.... or continue with 2oz (1oz of our premade) of the decoction once a day with breaks every 4-6 weeks. The dosage you take is up to you.
- Maintenance : If you've just been given the all-clear from cancer... (NED or No Evidence of Disease) it is suggested to keep taking the tea for 2 more years at the normal dose of 2oz twice daily, after which you can choose to go on the Maintenance/Preventative dose of 1-2oz once a day for one month in the spring, and again for one month in the fall.
Can I give the tea to pets?
You sure can! Click HERE for dosing information.