How to Take Essiac Tea
Instructions for Use
Essiac tea needs to be taken on an empty stomach.
You can take essiac:
- 30 minutes to 1 hr after small meals, medications, or supplements.
- 2 hours after eating a large meal.
Once you take the essiac tea, you should wait 15-30 minutes before taking anything else except water.
If you have cancer or any chronic illness, the recommended dosage is:
- 2oz of the decoction twice a day with 3-7 day breaks every 4-6 weeks.
When first starting essiac tea, use half the recommended dosage for your product for the first 7-10 days. This really helps to minimize any possible detox symptoms.
- Take 1oz mixed with 2oz of clean (not tap) boiled water, taken once a day, preferably at bedtime, for about 7 - 10 days (optional)
- Slowly increase the dose over the coming weeks to 2oz twice a day. (this is 1oz if you take the premade essiac tea as it's concentrated)
- If you would like to drink the tea undiluted, straight out of the refrigerator, that is fine too. Warm essiac *may* aid in the absorption of the medicine.
Drink 1/2 of your weight in lbs. in ounces of water daily. For example, if you weigh 120lbs. try to drink 60 oz of water daily to flush the toxins and dead cancer cells from your body.
Maintenance / Preventative dosage:
- Preventative : Take 2oz (1oz of our premade) of essiac once or twice a day for six months. After six months, take 2oz (1oz of our premade) of the decoction once a day for a month in the spring and again in the fall.... or continue with 2oz (1oz of our premade) of the decoction once a day with breaks every 4-6 weeks. The dosage you take is up to you.
- Maintenance : If you've just been given the all-clear from cancer... (NED or No Evidence of Disease) it is suggested to keep taking the tea for 2 more years at the normal dose of 2oz twice daily, after which you can choose to go on the Maintenance/Preventative dose of 1-2oz once a day for one month in the spring, and again for one month in the fall.
Can I give the tea to pets?
You sure can! Click HERE for dosing information.